Best Banana Bread Recipe
I love bananas! Everyone in our house does actually. They hardly last because we eat them daily. So whenever a bunch get over ripe, I squeal a bit because I know what’s about to happen. BANANA BREAD! Something I love so much but don’t enjoy often because of what I just mentioned and also, well, sugar. But it’s a love of mine!
I have made banana bread a solid 20-30 times in my life and have searched up and down to find the best recipe. To me, the best banana bread is moist on the inside, has a strong banana flavor and has a little texture on the outside. Going to share the recipe that has become my go-to over the years and it is hands down, the best tasting banana bread ever and so easy to make!
Best Banana Bread
- 5 mashed bananas (medium size)
- ½ cup salted butter (1 stick at room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1 & ¼ cups brown sugar
- ⅓ cup banana flavor Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 box instant banana pudding the dry mix
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and oil a 9" loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together your butter and 3/4 cup of brown sugar until combined.
- Add in the mashed bananas, eggs, yogurt and vanilla until combined.
- Add 1 tsp of cinnamon along with the nutmeg, baking soda, pudding mix and flour until just combined. Do not overmix. You should have a clumpy, thick batter which is completely normal.
- Transfer the batter into your pan and spread evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine your remaining brown sugar (2/4 cup with the remaining cinnamon (1 tsp) and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Sprinkle this crumble on top of your banana bread mix, patting it down into the batter if necessary.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Grab a piece of aluminum foil and loosely lay it over the top of the bread to prevent burning while you bake it for an additional 30 minutes.
- Let the bread cool completely before removing it from the pan and enjoying it!