Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
With Thanksgiving next week, I wanted to share my incredibly easy and amazingly delicious Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe. I’ve been making this recipe for years around the fall and it’s never failed me!
The recipe below makes two loaves but you can also make mini-loaves if you cut the bake time in half (30 minutes). I love to gift these to Jed’s therapist around Thanksgiving as a small way of saying “Thank you!”. But the possibilities are really endless to what you can do with these loaves!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, eggs, pumpkin, oil and apple sauce together.
- Pour the wet mixture into your dry ingredients until incorporated.
- Pour your chocolate chips in a bowl and coat them with flour. This prevents them from sinking in the batter.
- Incorporate your flour-coated chocolate chips into your batter by folding them into the mixture.
- Pour into 2 greased 8×4 loaf pans and bake at 350° for 60 minutes.
- Let fully cool before removing from pans.
Hope you give them a try! Shoot me a message if you do. Would love to see how they turned out!